- 2 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 5 tbsp butter — unsalted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until they are slightly tender. Drain and place in a baking dish.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, butter, water and cinnamon in another saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring almost constantly. Continue boiling about 2 minutes to thicken the syrup slightly, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the potato slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting once or twice.