- ¼ lbs butter
- 5 cup frozen corn
- 1 med onion — chopped
- 4 lg egg
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese — grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the inside of an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a very large pan and cook the corn and onion over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the cornmeal.
- Add the sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked corn mixture and 6 ounces of the grated cheese
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.